Saturday, April 21, 2012

Planning a X-mas gift.. please help!

Hi everyone!

I've never played Guild Wars, in fact I havent' played any videogames in quite a while so please forgive me for all my silly questions. So I wanted to buy my uncle and my brother videogames for their x-mas presents. I bought Guild Wars Game of The Year Edition but now I found someone who might give me Guild Wars Warrior (or atleast I believe that's the name... it's got a picture of a warrior on the front) for $5, and I thought that if these two games were kind of different that I could give each of them one =] but my problem is that I don't know if they are indeed any different, is the warrior one just an extention? Would they be able to play both games together? Also, if you install the game on one computer, is it possible for another person to use the same CD to play it from another computer?

I was told that to play with other player there is no monthly fee or anything and that both also can be played as just 1 player in a story line mode, is this true?

I'd really appreciate any help!

I normally come to them two for advice on videogames but I don't want to ruin the surprise...



Thank you! =]|||There are three stand-alone chapters: Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall. There's one expansion that requires one of the three chapters above: Eye of the North. For a very detailed post on what's contained in each, you may want to take a look at this thread, specifically post #3 that shows the detailed information for each chapter.

But different editions are named differently. For example, the Game of the Year edition that you purchased is Prophecies, but it also has a few bonus weapons available. There are also things like the Platinum edition, which has Prophecies and Eye of the North bundled together. Or the Guild Wars Factions: Platinum Edition, which is Prophecies, Factions, and Eye of the North all bundled together. There are a few more options as well, but it's just some combination of Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, Eye of the North, and maybe some bonus goodies.

As far as I know, there's nothing called just "Warrior." But many of the game boxes for Prophecies just say "Guild Wars" and may have one of four characters on the front. So if you can get a copy of that for $5, it's a decent deal.

Side note, transferring accounts from one player to another is against the EULA, and it's possible that someone could reclaim a "used" account, by claiming that it was stolen and providing the CD Keys as proof to ArenaNet. So the best bet is to always buy a new game, not used.

The game can be installed on multiple computers, but a CD key creates a unique account (or adds to an existing account). The account can only be online from one computer at once -- so if your uncle and brother want to play together, you'll need to get two separate accounts.

But with the age of the game, it's not to hard to find inexpensive copies of the game -- Amazon, for example, had a $5 per copy deal going for a while. I'm not sure what the current prices are, though.

You're correct, there are no monthly fees for the game at all. There are things to spend money on if you wish through the in game store, but nothing required.

If this doesn't answer your questions, or you have additional ones, please don't hesitate to ask. Lots of people on the forum are very helpful to new players.|||Thank you =]

Now I just have to find out what it is that the other game includes (the warrior one). This is what it looks like http://eu.guildwars.com/images/uploa...e-standard.jpg (the one to the right) but I always see it being sold along with the one to the left, so it seems strange that the warrior one is being sold all by itself. |||Both of those are just Prophecies. There were different box covers, the necromancer (the one on the left), the warrior, a ranger, a mesmer, and a monk (at least I think that's all of them, but I may have forgotten one (or I may have included extras, I need more coffee)). But they're all identical games on the inside, just the basic copy of Prophecies.|||That is two different covers for the Prophecies box (or maybe one side of the box has the warrior, the other has the necromancer girl Eve.) Prophecies was the original game.

But I don't know how a box including more than one campaign does look like... maybe other posters can help you there.|||

All 3 campaigns.



Factions + Prophecies



Prophecies + EotN

No comments:

Post a Comment