Thursday, April 19, 2012

shouts vs endgame bosses

I tried to search for my answer on shouts vs endgame bosses like great destroyer but no good results. I wanted to know if shouts like ''you move like a dwarf'' did dmg to bosses even if it didn't knock them down. thanks!|||"YMLaD!" will do damage, but will not knock them down.|||Keep in mind that Earthbind will enable KDs of foes that normally can not be KDed.|||Quote:






View Post

Keep in mind that Earthbind will enable KDs of foes that normally can not be KDed.




It says that on wiki, but I don't really believe it... I mean, I'd assume KD-resistant foes simply don't have a KD animation to begin with.

What KD-immune foes become susceptible with Earthbind?|||Quote:






View Post

What KD-immune foes become susceptible with Earthbind?




Shiro Tagachi. Try it. Take Earthbind and some KDs (hammer warrior, Signet of Judgement, etc.) into Imperial Sanctum. You can pop him right out of his bubble and flat on his backside.

Edit: The foes do not have to have an animation. The KD effect on those is simply to freeze them for the length of the KD.|||http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shiro_Tagachi


Quote:




Special abilities

* Skills cannot be disabled.

* Natural resistance.

* Resistant to knockdowns.






I believe they use (or have used) the same technique to take on Dummy.



EDIT:

Bah! A pox on you Bretty, a POX!|||Wow, cool stuff.

Is this considered a bug or a feature?|||To be fair, Shiro is not immune to knockdowns, only "resistant". Anyways, I think it is a feature.|||Well, he does have the KD animation, so that spells resistance.

But if the KD immune freeze for the duration, that's good to know. Does it mean we can YMLAD constant-KD a boss now?|||I also believe the great destroyer can be knocked down, took YMLAD into the mish with me when I did the mission with a friend and I don't remember seeing any interrupts on their bars and I didn't take any on my heroes. Then I used YMLAD and his skills got interrupted instantly. So YMLAD + PI should take him down pretty quick, just as long as you can stay alive of course.

EDIT: Talk page even mentions that Sin Support makes him vulnerable when he hides in his shell and it is due to him getting knocked down. So YMLAD can be used as an interrupt and to counter his invulnerability.

No comments:

Post a Comment