Saturday, April 21, 2012

Physical team... how to?

I tried looking for it on pvx, but I either got highly specialized team builds, or single-char builds that would be hard to implement on H&H.

Info: I normally run mainly casters in my teams, with the exceptional 1 ranger for interrupts, or 1 paragon for fallback or extra defense. And except for my new derv, I very rarely take a melee char, and I very rarely play one. Hence this question fits well in the newbie forum. 95% of the time, my team is all squishes, relying on MMs and spirits for body blocking.

Goal: What I'm looking for is for some ideas on what I should run for my H&H team, with me as survivor derv, if I want to experiment with a heavy physical team.

I have all games, my derv is a survivor-in-progress, and I will get the necessary heroes. I want general-purpose H&H nm builds only, with what hench I should bring to supplement. My derv will be melee with a focus on staying alive. It doesn't have to be a full team build, ideas of what works would be good too.

For example, with a physical team with 1-2 support paragons, do I still need 1-2 monks? Is it still recommended to bring a MM or an ele? What kind of skills really work well with physical teams?|||Still probably want a monk, as a survivor, I would say you do for sure.

For a physical team, I would take MM(or bomber) with Mark of Pain and an order (pain/vampire).

Strength of Honor and the ebon standard with increased damage are something to look at as well as probably wanting splinter wep on at least one hero.

I would look for the old b/p team setup, and adjust from there- don't worry about the ranger builds, but the support ones should give you an idea of what helps.|||The problem with a physical heavy H/H team is that physicals aren't as self-sufficient as casters. To make the most of your physicals you need stuff like splinter, SoH and mark of pain and it can be difficult to fit it all into your 3 hero bars. Not to mention that a lot of the skills to assist your physical's damage are far better when run by a human player.

Having said that, of course you can make a very capable physical heavy team anyway.

I never run paragon heroes myself because it's mostly PvE skills that make paragons strong.

I'd probably run 2 melees and a smiter for heroes. (splinter, judge's and SoH on the smiter). As for hero melee bars, I hear W/D's are good - though not as strong as with PvE skills. Alternatively, you can take some melee henches and use your hero spots to boost their damage, but I'm not entirely sure that it would make up for the damage loss you get by running henchmen instead of heroes for your melees.|||http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Build:D/N_...Orders_Dervish

This one might be helpful, if you don't want to put your Dervish in the front line. It boosts physical damage & heals the team.

I would try to squeeze in Channeling Rit with Splinter Weapon and Ancestors' Rage, which could also use Life, Bloodsong, Heal Body & Soul and some E-mangement skills.

A Paragon is a good idea, if you consider GftEyes and perhaps Anthem of Guidance as an Elite (since Blocking foes are what will annoy you a lot *points at Kourna Archers or Naga*)

Anything with Barbs will be of great help, too

Mass Blind will reduce your effectiveness, so bring the Prot Hench, who can back up the Rit to remove conditions.

I'm not running a survivor with my Derv anymore, so I went for a Combo of me dealing Deep Wound & Bleeding, an Air Ele hench with lots of conditions and a Fevered Dreams Mesmer & Fragility.

This kind of copies the effect the EotN Mandragors use, which IMO are pretty deadly.|||So far...

Me as melee derv, a MM/curse necro hybrid with mark, a Rt for splinter & ancestors' & heals & spirits, an orders derv, 3 physicals henchs, and 1 monk hench.


Quote:






View Post

For a physical team, I would take MM(or bomber) with Mark of Pain and an order (pain/vampire).




Mark is under curses, most orders are under blood. So that necro would be with 4 attributes. Worth it?


Quote:






View Post

Strength of Honor and the ebon standard (...) splinter wep on at least one hero.




Good ideas... thx


Quote:






View Post

I would look for the old b/p team setup (...) the support ones should give you an idea of what helps.




This? http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Build:Team_-_Barrage/Pet


Quote:






View Post

you need stuff like splinter, SoH and mark of pain




Thx...




Quote:






View Post

I never run paragon heroes myself because it's mostly PvE skills that make paragons strong.




True for imba... but can't a hero still bring some *decent* support, or is that a waste of hero space?


Quote:






View Post

I'd probably run 2 melees and a smiter for heroes. (splinter, judge's and SoH on the smiter). As for hero melee bars, I hear W/D's are good - though not as strong as with PvE skills. Alternatively, you can take some melee henches and use your hero spots to boost their damage, but I'm not entirely sure that it would make up for the damage loss you get by running henchmen instead of heroes for your melees.




The problem I see with running hero melee is that it'll be difficult to find decent physical support bars in hench. So I will probably make sure all my support (except dedicated healer monks) are found within my hero bars.


Quote:






View Post

http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Build:D/N_...Orders_Dervish




I refuse to run that myself... it's cheating the essence of surviving on a melee character imo... but... can a hero run that effectively? Would it be a good use of a hero?


Quote:






View Post

Channeling Rit with Splinter Weapon and Ancestors' Rage, which could also use Life, Bloodsong, Heal Body & Soul and some E-mangement skills.





Quote:






View Post

A Paragon is a good idea, if you consider GftEyes and perhaps Anthem of Guidance (...) Barbs (...) Prot hench




Thx


Quote:






View Post

This kind of copies the effect the EotN Mandragors use, which IMO are pretty deadly.




I'll give that a try after I reach r3. Sounds like a lot of fun. Those mandragors caused more than a few wipes...|||I wouldn't spec the necro 4 ways...I guess pick one or the other - I find orders to be more effective most times, but I'm lazy when it comes to microing...|||Quote:






View Post

True for imba... but can't a hero still bring some *decent* support, or is that a waste of hero space?




I'd say it is, because you've already got a load of stuff you need to fit on those 3 bars.

I don't think you need to worry much about survivability. The extra melees will make it easier to kite off damage without leaving the frontline and the monk henches are by far enough to keep a team alive in practically every NM situation. I'd focus on getting as much damage out of your heroes as possible.|||Here is a team build I use on my warrior that is very relevant. You could either take the place of my AoE warrior and risk the hazards of melee, or play a caster derv similar to my caster/melee Melonni.

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/showthread.php?t=489889



And my 'no squishies' experiment from many ages ago. It revolves around paras, but I'm sure you can pick up some ideas from it and the responses. My first post is not a very good team build because I had literally just used the bars my heroes were running to begin with.

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/showt...=rid+squishies

No comments:

Post a Comment