Thursday, April 19, 2012

Noa's Guide for Returning Players

Preface:

A lot of players who left the game are coming back.

Ones who have left for various reasons find that it's easy to just load the game up, do some updates, and log back in, even with having to remember chara names from sometimes as far back as 4 and a half years ago.



We're seeing a lot of people posting "hi! I'm back, what's changed?"

They're also having trouble reintegrating into the game sometimes. Having to remember the old controls which are different then other games, and all the changes that have happened.

So I'd like to do up a series of articles to help people get back on their feet, and make good use of old charas, and see if we can't get them back into the swing of things.

I would ask for some help from some of the mods who are good at this sort of thing to help me get this guide to be more concise, to stay on target, and to cover things that are worth mentioning.

The key thing here is to break this down into various stages for people so it isn't just one big lump reading.



Stage 1)returning to the game.

Where am I

Which games do I have/what do I have access to.

Taking inventory of self and account.

Figuring out what's good to keep, and what to throw away.

Stage 2)taking stock

what skills have changed.

What skills do I need

Gear situation.

contact list

Stage 3)What to do

Should I upgrade?

What is there to do?

Finding groups/guilds

Projects and activities



stage 4)what's next?|||

No comments:

Post a Comment