Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Legendary Defender of Ascalon or Legendary Survivor?

Since you cant get both Legendary Defender of Ascalon and Legendary Survivor, which one would you choose? i want to know which is better to aim for.|||If this is your first time through the game, I'd say "neither."

Legendary Defender of Ascalon is a very long title to work towards, with a whole lot of time spent AFK while Charr kill you over and over and over and over and over. While you can continue on in the game after achieving LDoA, you'll be level 20 in an area designed for characters at a much lower level -- I suspect that it will be quite boring to do that way (and you won't learn much from the area, because even a horrible build makes no difference when there's that much difference in level).

For Legendary Survivor, you'll want to know the areas, and know which parts of the game are going to be problematic. Certain areas kill characters quickly (even with knowledge of the zone, there are some places where the foes do a lot of damage quickly).

I'm not, of course, saying that neither is attainable for a new player. But I think it would make the game less fun.

With all that said...

For my own part, I prefer the Legendary Survivor title in terms of what to work on. It can be done the quick and easy way, but if done without the shortcuts, I feel like I've played the game more skillfully than just being AFK for hours on end.

On the other hand, Legendary Defender of Ascalon is a lot more rare (and there are no shortcuts) so it carries a bit of uniqueness. But I still prefer working on Legendary Survivor, personally.|||Both titles require some time and a great amount of patience.

I personally chose to go after Survivor. (I was thinking of LDoF at one point, but I decided for Survivor despite many failed attempts.)

Thing is, both titles are annoying to get. but for different reasons.

You can't really mess up with LDoA. The problem with this title is that it takes...grind. Kind of. Hours of it. Basically, since you have to let enemies power level off of you, you're only playing the game for like what....2% of the time? I can assume it gets repetitive and annoying.

Now with Survivor, you're in a "choose-your-own playstyle" area.

With your Survivor character, you can approach the game from different angles. You only need to do one thing: Get 1 337 500 exp without dying. How you do this is up to you.

Maybe you'll choose to take it slow and do every mission and all the quests to gather up those experience points.

Maybe you'll go for Skill Hunter simultaneously and capture elite skills for experience.

Or maybe you'll cheat and just end up grinding the title with Dwarven boxing....heheh. (That's what I did...because I lost patience towards the end. ^^; )

At any rate, after doing a large chunk of missions legitimately while trying not to die, I can tell you that going for Survivor is rather stressful. However, it teaches you to be a better player.

After my Survivor "training," I no longer rush into mobs; I pay better attention to the skills my enemies are using; I never leave the outpost in Cantha without a BHA ranger hero; I pay attention to mine and hero skill setups a lot more. That's just some of the stuff I learned.

Now, there's always the fact that Survivor is easier to get to keep in mind. If this doesn't "cheapen" the title for you, that's cool.

At any rate, I personally consider Survivor to be a better time investment.|||I would go for survivor, too. The legendary AFKer of Ascalon has got to be the most boring title track in the entire game: you go afk for some hours, return and get another 0.2% of the XP needed for the next level. If I wanted to play a game where I have to kill thousands of foes just to level up, I'd rather go and play any of those korean grind MMORPGs.

But not if it's your first character and you're totally new - then both titles are similarly far out of your reach. If you're new, just go and play and don't care about titles. Only go for those type of titles if you're really enjoying the game and feel that you're good at it.|||Definately survivor. Legendary Defender of Ascalon takes way too long, and might get boring very fast.

I have a Legendary Survivor, and I enjoyed getting this title. You really learn to play carefully then ... |||I go with Survivor every time, but that requires skill and/or knowledge and/or farming.

But Defender requires a LOT of farming, for a long time, with relatively little knowledge or danger.|||I'd go with Survivor, it would be more fun and less time consuming.|||Survivor, hands down. Although, I try to achieve that with every character now, have 4 of them I am actively get that. I attempted to do defender once(before I knew the time involved), but I wanted to play, not sit around waiting for my character to just keep dying.|||My vote is Survivor...mainly due to time involved - LDoA takes >2500 hours, most of which is going to be afk.|||Legendary Survivor might be frustrating the first time you try it, but at least you have a realistic shot at getting the title without the danger of dying from boredom.

Legendary Defender is... Too time consuming for me to even consider starting on.

But that's just my .02 euros.

No comments:

Post a Comment