Saturday, April 21, 2012

Another newbie

Hi. I just ordered guild wars cos I fancied playing an mmo and I don't like WoW. Kind of a shot in the dark because I know nothing about the game, I'm not even sure how many players will still be playing!

I bought the complete collection from amazon for �15. Any help and info would be great, hope to get some people to play with! I'm from England

Cheers!|||Welcome to both the forum and the game.

This site might be useful.

Especially I'd recommend checking the guide to character creation link, and any interesting links you see there. Of course, avoid quest/mission walkthough type of things if you want to get the most out of most out of being lost and confused (aka. if you want to explore the game yourself).

If you have any questions, make a new thread, ask in this one, or just ask someone in-game. You should find SOMEONE who both can and will answer a question if you don't specifically play on a deserted district and place. (Remember, everything but towns and outposts are instanced, so you should look for people in them, not in a mission area where it's just you, your party, and couple hundred monster that want to kill you.)|||Thanks for the help. Do you know which server is the busiest?|||There is only 1 server in Guild Wars.|||excellent, so there are still plenty of players?|||Yea. But even though there is only a single server, there are many districts for each outpost. They are different instances of the same place, so that the place doesn't get too crowded. You can change them from the top left corner of the screen when in an outpost. through a drop-down menu.|||There still is a fair amount of people still playing. If you ever have questions or just want some help running around feel free to pm me ingame. my name is arruin arrowind. I'd be glad to help.|||Ok. Defo will do. My copy hasn't arrived yet. Do I install all the games. I'm not sure how it works. Do the different games and expansions make the world bigger and you just choose where to go ingame?|||Eternal newbie here.

When I *finish* one character, I make a new one of a different profession. I have a lot more to do until GW2.

EDIT: might as well install all games. You start in the continent you're born in, but about 1/3 of the game in, you can select to go to other continents. Once you do, you can go back & forth as you want.|||Actually if you have a fast internet connection it's simpler to just grab the client from guildwars.com, download that and run it with the -image switch.

That installs everything. Just leave it to simmer for a few hours - for instance while you're sleeping...

(you can do this before your game arrives btw. The only important thing in the box is the account code and possibly the game manuals.)

No comments:

Post a Comment