Thursday, April 19, 2012

Returning Player

Hello, I used to play back before the factions expansion and am waiting to get the expansions till i can afford them. I have a question, what changes have happened that would affect the core GW game? is everything the same (meaning that i would have to get the expansions to witness any changes, Im comming back from playing WoW and so im kinda stupid to everything that has been going on with this game. so pretty much i was wondering if anyone on here can give me insight to what i should expect in playing again.

thanks in advance|||Wow, you have been gone a while. Trying to think what may have changed in the Core game. One is armor has insignia now. You do not have to get knight's armor to get knight's -3 damage reduction. You can now add that insignia to any warrior armor.

Too many skill updates to even go into.

The Prophecies map now includes all of the area for Eye of the North.

There is also Hard Mode and Normal Mode. You have to have at least one character that has completed the chapter of the game you wish to do in hard mode. After that, any level 20 you have can do Hard Mode in that chapter.

There is more but that is all I can think of off the top of my head.|||And the game is dead. Even LA feels like a ghost town nowadays.|||Most people migrated to the american districts, and I have a feeling that there are less and less new players, and that most players are oldies who have played the game for atleast a year.|||Quote:






View Post

And the game is dead. Even LA feels like a ghost town nowadays.




Less populated yes. But the game is far from dead. It is actually not too bad for a 5 years old game.|||Quote:






View Post

Less populated yes. But the game is far from dead. It is actually not too bad for a 5 years old game.





Quote:






View Post

And the game is dead. Even LA feels like a ghost town nowadays.




Not dead at all. Less people but you can always find a PUG if you are looking for one.

One thing returning players should look into are the daily Zaishen Missions. You are sure to find people to help you with the missions that are current.|||cool, yeah its been a while. first my only computer broke and I couldnt replace it till recently, then I got a laptop and my friend rushed out to get the WoW battlechest for me and considering that i figured why not since i couldnt find my disks and remember my login, ive spent several months regaining my ability to use a keyboard to play games again.

I logged on for the first time last night to find my character tiny(april fools no doubt now) I was so confused as someone asked me to do hard mode of a mission and im scrambling to discover why im the size of an ant. i also noticed that they added vanity pets or at least i forgot that they had them before. Is the expansion locations any more populated then the GW1 locations?

I have to say it seems desolate now and people are making up names that seem more silly then before. like no one plays but since its a non pay per month they "play" yeah it sucks its kinda like being in a coma for years after an apocalypse. you wake up, friends are all gone and you have no idea where your going anymore, lol. Melodramatic i know but its a weird feeling non the less. still getting my bearing though. i should be ready to move onto GW: Factions in no time.plus im getting my fiance and wow playing friends into GW I remember waiting impatiently for that game, lol, now its kinda old news.

thanks guys for your help, see ya in-game, feel free to hit me up. my lvl 20 shares the name of my forum name|||Are you looking for a guild? The Guild Wars Online (GWO) Alliance, based on this forum, is always recruiting. Consider joining The Order of Dii if you are into GvG.

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forum...d.php?t=472528

Other guilds in GWO are full of cool people too so be sure to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment