Saturday, April 21, 2012

Clarification on expansions and which campaign

Hi all. I read through the which campaign guide and I still have some questions.

I played Guild Wars Prophecies around 4 years ago and unlocked every skill for prophecies for all the characters and unlocked most of the runes and stuff. I remembered that once I unlocked runes or skills, I can just make a PvP character at level 20 that is just as good as if I leveled the character myself. Since I completed this for all the character I feel like I have no point in playing Prophecies over again.

Now my question, since I focused mainly on PvP, which game out of Nightfall, GWEN or factions helps me unlock the most useful PvP skills.

Also, do all the PvP skills merge together? So lets say I unlock a skill in nightfall and I unlock a skill in faction. Can I use both skills on the same character or can I only do that if I make a new PvP character.

Since I haven't played the game for so long, would it also be more wise to just get back on by playing nightfall?

Also, do rune upgrades carry between campaigns and expansions?

One last question is, if I can move my level 20 character from one campaign to another, wouldn't that make the campaign incredibly easy?

Thanks.|||I've no idea which skills are trendy in PvP at the moment, but I can answer the PvE oriented questions.

Yes, a character can both have, for instance, Shield of Absorption (Nightfall skill) and Spirit Bond (Factions skill) on his skillbar. They all merge together, as you say. The only limitation for your skillbars that you'll encounter is that you are never allowed to have more than 3 PvE skills on your skillbar at all times.

I know that if I've taken just a few months of the game, then I need a short while to get back into the controls and reflexes. Jumping straight into PvP after several years of a break sounds to me like a good way to get a bad reputation for being a noob... which might be harmful for your socializing needs.

Yes, rune upgrades carry between the campaigns. It's just that Factions and Nightfall have some new rune upgrades and inscriptions that you have unlocked in Tyria. Inscriptions is an obvious one, since they're new with Nightfall. Assassin/Ritualist/Paragon/Dervish runes is another obvious one.

The other campaigns aren't like Tyria. You won't spend 75% of the game as a lowbie character (anything that isn't lvl 20 yet). Instead, you'll spend just a few hours as a lowbie character in Factions, and some evenings as a lowbie character in Nightfall - the rest of these campaigns is tailorcut for level 20 characters. Just because you're lvl 20 doesn't make those campaigns incredibly easy.|||should I just jump straight into eye of the north?|||I'm not into PvP so I can't really answer any PvP questions in depth, but from what I understand lacking campaigns can significantly hinder you in PvP as little efforts on individual level can affect the team.


Quote:






View Post

should I just jump straight into eye of the north?




It's not that much that you're missing out aside from skill/profession availability, so if you don't mind some spoilers from Factions/Nightfall, go for it.|||Factions probably has the best PvP skills... depending on your favorite class I guess, but there really is no reason not to buy a package of all games. They're super cheap at this point. Buying one game is a comparable price to buying all.|||alright cool thanks.

i have a question.

if i delete a role playing character, would I lose all the unlocks I had on that character?

I thought for sure that I beat the whole game as a Necro/Mesmer (or I used my W/Mo to change my secondary to Necro just to unlock skills), but I checked today and it's like I never unlocked any Necro skills.|||Quote:






View Post

alright cool thanks.

i have a question.

if i delete a role playing character, would I lose all the unlocks I had on that character?

I thought for sure that I beat the whole game as a Necro/Mesmer (or I used my W/Mo to change my secondary to Necro just to unlock skills), but I checked today and it's like I never unlocked any Necro skills.




Note that there is a difference between unlocking and learning things. If you have a skill unlocked, all heroes and PVP characters can use them. For a PvE character to be able to use them, you have to specifically learn it on that same character. If you delete a pve character, you will keep all the skills you have learned/unlocked (learning the skill automatically unlocks it )on that character as unlocked, but to use them again on a different pve character you'd have to learn them again on that char. You could use them on that chars heros or on a different pvp-only char later though, since those only need the skill to be unlocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment