Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Secondary for Dervish

Right Im a newbie and just reached the part of chossing a sec profession

Im playing as a dervish cuse i like there scythes, cloaked robes and grim reaper fell.

anyway ive sum it down to 3 sec professions

1. Assassin, for mobility and Disrupting Dagger for interupt

2. Elementaist, for conjure flame frost lightning to add more damage with my scythes and earth magic if i wanna go down a tanker route

or 3. Necromancer, to add a grim reaper feel kill the enenies with my scythe strikes then raise minions from there corpes and make em kill there own.

Also what are good builds for each of these combos and could i hav a (newbie 1 for now and a more advance one lik elite skills for later)|||I'd say go with Monk for a rez. For the most part you probably won't have room to fit skills from your secondary into your bar.

Warrior - I've only ever used Wild Blow on my Derv

Necro - If going Orders but I find that boring... oh yeah and rarely used Plague Touch

Ele - Like you mentioned, for the Conjures

Sin - Again, like you mentioned, mobility or Disrupting Dagger

Mes - Maybe for one of the Mantras...

Ranger - Pet... not too useful but if you're into that...

Rit - Rez

Para - No use comes to mind

Mo - Rez|||As a general rule, newbie builds I use tend to be mainly or only primary, split attributes into 2 attributes (max 3). And very importantly, play around to learn the strengths and weaknesses of your chosen profession.

I do like warrior secondary because you can bring some skills like whirlwind or adren attacks to have even more energy... though sin for mobility can work too.

I've only heard of a derv MM once, and I have no idea how good it was. The concept is cool, but I suspect it's hard to pull off decently, if at all. The problem is that MMs tend to need energy and health to be able to sustain lots of minions. I would stay away from that at least until later.|||Go Warrior. Protector's Strike let's you double-strike every three seconds. Things go boom.|||In addition to the above, keep in mind that pretty early in the game you get the option (for a small one time fee per profession) to change your secondary at will, so don't feel like you're making a permanent unchangeable decision here.|||My recommendation would be to go with /A or /W. /A for the reason you already mentioned, and /W mainly for wild blow (I like having it around for Kourna and Kaineng City areas because of the stupid blocking rangers).

I personally really didn't feel the need for conjure spells in order to deal extra damage, since I felt there were enough ways to deal extra damage with dervish skills. However, it certainly is one viable way to boost your damage, so it's still a good enough idea to pick /E. You probably won't be bringing tank builds to regular PvE outings and since you would be able to change your secondary freely later on, this shouldn't be the very reason to pick /E.

I would recommend against going /N for minions, because you won't be able to manage minions well with a Dervish primary due to lack of points to put into Death Magic to make minions effective and also energy management.



Keep in mind that my recommendations are based on efficiency of your gameplay. If you don't care about efficiency and want to pop minions up or have a raven follow you around, then by all means go for it. Just make sure, in case of grouping with people, to have a build that is based more for efficiency because that is what other people usually look for in their teammates.



Also, some things to add to Rabid's list:

Warrior: Save Yourself! can be useful on a Derv as well

Ranger: Could use Apply Poison/Poison Tip Signet

Para: Rez|||I always liked Monk for Mending Touch.|||I'd suggest W or Mo

W : Wild blow, Protectors, Whirlwind, SY!

Mo: Res, Con removal, Strength of Honor

You can always switch later ;)

Dervs have plenty of mobility in their own skills, however they do not have a natural interrupt. A derv can tanke pretty well so earth ele skills seem a waste. Also remember with a Conjure you need the right kind of scythe.



Rea|||Dervish is pretty weak in PvP. However if PvE is all you care about a Dervish is pretty good. Tons of builds here.

http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Category:A...ing_PvE_builds

When I run a Dervish I found energy to be a huge problem. Unless you can get around that I recommend:

-Elementalist for Conjure.

-Ritualist for Brutal Weapon.

-Ranger for Apply Poison.

*edit to Rhokk: Hehe I moved my Dervish PvP hate post to the Dervish thread. Don't want to scare away new comers. |||In defence of the Dervish; we are stupidly overpowered in PvE ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment