Saturday, April 21, 2012

55 hp monk still useful

hey guys; I'm an oldie from the beginning, but ever since GW pretty much screwed themselves (forgive me! Just my opinion) be expanding the game with factions/etc. I have been retired. I've decided to come back and see whats changed.

So my main question is, are 55 hp monks still as good as they used to be?



Some other "optional" questions:

1. Is it easier to find a group?

2. Is PvP as good as it used to be?

3. Can you solo missions now, or have the henchmen been powered up?

4. Do Rangers still do the farming for UW/etc regularly?

5. If I don't have Nightfall, is it worth playing again? (Though I'm considering getting Nightfall since Eye of The North is free with it.

6. Has the market "improved" or is it stable? To greens sell for at least a few k?

Basically I ask this due to around the time I retired, it was IMPOSSIBLE to find a group for missions in the first GW. Don't get me wrong, I played factions alot; but missed being able to play the first GW and missed my beacon run business :P. I retired right around when Nightfall came out. I also could not find groups for farming; and the green items went from a profitable source of income, to basically wasted time.

Thanks so much guys :D

edit: One last question. (Sorry) If I do buy Nightfall, (its of course a direct download) and I one day decide to uninstall it; will I be able to re-install it later; or will I have to buy it again? I would think you would be able to download it again, but just making sure. (Forgive me if its pretty obvious, running around at the moment).|||Main question: Depends on what you want to do.

1. Again, depends on what you are looking to do. Finding a group if you are in an active guild/alliance is easier than PUG'ing it (Pick-Up Group).

2.

3. Henchmen's skill bars have been tweeked a bit.

4. I would assume no since the most recent update to UW.

5. I would get NF, as you get personal henchmen that you control and control what is on their skill bars. And since you get the Eye...I'd say yes.

6. Most greens sell for under 2k, as they have been highly overfarmed. I wouldn't worry too much about the economy, however.

Last question: if you uninstall NF, you uninstall the entire game. And as you probably already know, you can reinstall it via the main website guildwars.com. Once you have linked the games, you cannot unlink them (w/o begging and pleading done to those in charge of the game).|||Thanks for the help Kahlan.|||Quote:






View Post

So my main question is, are 55 hp monks still as good as they used to be?




55 isn't as invincible as they used to look, but there are plentiful of places they can shine in.


Quote:




1. Is it easier to find a group?

2. Is PvP as good as it used to be?

3. Can you solo missions now, or have the henchmen been powered up?

4. Do Rangers still do the farming for UW/etc regularly?

5. If I don't have Nightfall, is it worth playing again? (Though I'm considering getting Nightfall since Eye of The North is free with it.

6. Has the market "improved" or is it stable? To greens sell for at least a few k?




1. Not as easily as it used to be before Factions came out. You should be able to find some pugs for the z-mission of the day in hard mode though.

2. Dunno, you'll have to ask one of the PvP people, and I'm not one of them.

3. The henchmen bars have been updated fairly recently to match all the skill updates. Their AI should be improved as well. If you acquire Nightfall or GWEN, you will also have access to heroes, which are "customizable henches" in short

4. Right now Shadow Form assassins are the popular choice, though there should be other people there as well, like 600 teams, dervishes, and may be 55 teams.

5. That will depend on what flavors you prefer, but imo yes as there are additions like hard mode.

6. Good parts of the greens go for less than few plats, though there are some that are still popular, I think. Some of the gold skins, however, go for a lot. Check in Price Check forums for list of valuables. Incomes for casual farmers usually come from demanded common mats (e.g. feathers), consumables from events, and whatever Nick the Traveler is asking for that week. Other forms of farming includes but are not limited to running (to places as well as through missions), Voltaic Spear runs, and raptor farm.


Quote:




One last question. (Sorry) If I do buy Nightfall, (its of course a direct download) and I one day decide to uninstall it; will I be able to re-install it later; or will I have to buy it again? I would think you would be able to download it again, but just making sure. (Forgive me if its pretty obvious, running around at the moment).




What you are purchasing is access to the game via the account. Therefore, uninstalling the game on one computer just disables you from playing on that computer. You will be able to play from any computer with GW installed at any time after purchase.|||Thank you as well Satomz.

Seems like I must come to a hault for a moment, I did not know the new security measures which have been implemented. Looks like I get to wait a while to play again XD. Ohh well haha.|||When you say pvp, which pvp are you talking about? Are you talking the pvp lite missions like jade quarry, aspenwood, alliance battles?

PVP medium, which is random arenas, and now the codex arena (random sealed deck)?

Or higher end pvp which is gvg, or heros ascent?



I still do 55 monk here and there, but you have to know the area you're going in. If there's to much intrrupts, and enchant stripping, then it's usually not safe.

There are some new skills though that allow for 55ing in KD areas.



Currently the perma shadowform assassin is the 55 of the day. totally untouchable.

But it requires some skill and constant upkeep to do right.

And it looks to be nerfed here sometime this month.|||2: No .|||Quote:






View Post

But it requires some skill




I wouldn't go that far...

If you're doing specifics runs like -so I hear- VS farming it can be challenging, but solo farming random monsters requires the same skill level as pooping.|||dont forget nic farming guys, most do it with spirit spammers. so if the op is into titles he wins, and if he is into plat farming he wins.

no matter what class u play u will find a nf skill that u will like.

pvp is same as always, --build of the month---or it seems

eotn is invaluable for both skills and and farming options

sins and 600 monks rule eotn dungeons, so there is where the new ( to you) runs are

agree with statement above -alliance or guild is where to find a group, except for z bounty or mission of the day

lots of hero builds u can do with eotn and nf for both farming and title hunting

No comments:

Post a Comment