Saturday, April 21, 2012

Weird e-mail

Hello so I have just recently received an e-mail supposdly from ncsoft. I am 100% sure this e-mail is fake because the grammar is awful now i am not an english teacher but by looking at it here

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5831/failmail.png

you can tell what i am talking about.

So is anyone else receiving these emails and how was my email obtained by these people? I never ever get spam on this email and i do not go around giving my email to anyone except friends and using it to sign up on gaming forums.|||Seems the "dumb spammers", besides spamming people 3 times a day with WoW emails are now moving to NCSoft related games, like Aion. (which is funny, because I don't have a WoW or Aion account, go figure)

You can check the Off-Topic forum, there's a thread on-going there about this issue (not that specific e-mail, but you get the idea).

How they got it? No one knows.|||Quote:






View Post

Seems the "dumb spammers", besides spamming people 3 times a day with WoW emails are now moving to NCSoft related games, like Aion. (which is funny, because I don't have a WoW or Aion account, go figure)

You can check the Off-Topic forum, there's a thread on-going there about this issue (not that specific e-mail, but you get the idea).

How they got it? No one knows.




Hmm thanks i did get one for WoW also and I do own a WoW account but knew it was fake also.|||Another poor phishing attempt. By the way, the link to the thread about the issue is http://guildwars.incgamers.com/showthread.php?t=492876.|||I'm sure it was just coincidence that you happen to have an NCSoft account and got this email. The phishers send them out to every email address they can get and hope some hit the right targets, knowing that most will not. Look at all the bank phishing emails. Every day I get half a dozen for banks that I have never used and sometimes one for the bank I do use. The phishers don't know; they're just hoping that one of the bank names will be right and tempt me into responding.|||Quote:






View Post

I'm sure it was just coincidence that you happen to have an NCSoft account and got this email. The phishers send them out to every email address they can get and hope some hit the right targets, knowing that most will not. Look at all the bank phishing emails. Every day I get half a dozen for banks that I have never used and sometimes one for the bank I do use. The phishers don't know; they're just hoping that one of the bank names will be right and tempt me into responding.




Problem here is that this e-mail and the World of Warcraft one are the only phishing e-mails i have ever gotten on this e-mail account and i have had it for 5 years.|||I can never understand it... the phishers go through all the trouble to create their phishing websites and e-mails, but then they can't be bothered to check the grammar or even run their text through a spellchecker, and as a result their mails look like they had been written by a 5-year old kid.|||No amount of software can get you clear over the age old hurdle that is the language barrier, and the phishers (in a lot, if not all, cases) only have their own limited understanding of English to rely on. They're not likely to realise how awful their efforts look. For some, that should be considered a good thing. |||I just got a message called Aion Account Check from support@ncsoft.com

Funny I don't remember having an Aion account :P|||I just got an Aion Account Check e-mail. I also do not have an Aion account. But all is well htomail flagged it as dangerous, and won't even let me view it.

No comments:

Post a Comment