Thursday, April 19, 2012

nightfall treasure question

If I tried to loot nightfall treasure with another char after looting them with my 1st char, will i receive gold close to the treasure area's value? like domain of pain is worth around 3k gold with 1st char.

I just tried to loot the treasures with a 2nd char and got purple and gold items but the gold were low like 200 to 300 gold, did this change?|||It's character dependent, so if you have 10 characters, loot each treasure with every character for maximum profit.

Luck varies.|||DoP gold is around 3k for the first time. If you did get only 300 gold, I'd say you have visited that treasure before and you can't remember.

Opening the treasures a third time produced only purple items on my characters and the max gold I could get from DoP was 700.|||I noticed something about this particular subject...

I used to run 4 or 5 chests with all my chars because that is all I could get to at the time. They all started getting purples and what not over time (no biggie).

Well, when I finally got some past that point, I took them to the higher end treasures, only they were getting purples and lower amounts of golds than they should have because that was their first time visiting those chests.

So, if you are going to get the treasures, get them ALL at the same time for first time characters!|||I keep making new chars and running them through NF, I never noticed anything abnormal about chests, both those I do as I go, and those I come back to do at a later time.

Luck can play tricks on you.|||Quote:






View Post

I keep making new chars and running them through NF, I never noticed anything abnormal about chests, both those I do as I go, and those I come back to do at a later time.

Luck can play tricks on you.




I think if you get the lower chests *too many times* it'll mess up your higher chests.|||Quote:






View Post

I think if you get the lower chests *too many times* it'll mess up your higher chests.




Doubt it, but who knows... I certainly don't have data to show for.|||Quote:






View Post

Doubt it, but who knows... I certainly don't have data to show for.




Well, I've proven it for my account.

My monk hit the lower chests probably 4 or 5 times. When I finally got her through the desolation, I went and got the one in Sulfurous. First time hitting that chest, she got a purple.|||One trial is a proof?

It certainly is a single data point.|||Just hitting a chest once (even if it's the first time) and getting a purple doesn't really show enough data to prove a point. If that had happened on say, 15 to 20 different chars consistently, then maybe I'd consider your theory, Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment