Saturday, April 21, 2012

helpless support from GW

after installing GW and playing for a few weeks i had to reformat my computer.

just recently i decided to give it another try.

problem.

i forgot all my stuff.

i finally figured out my login. had to request another password. NOW i have to remember what my characters NAME was? hell i could barely remember what the email i was using at the time.

the access key was obviously thrown away. who the hell puts keys on an envelope and not on any of the real packaging incase crap like this happens?

so i cant login with my old account, and i cant start a new one with out the access key....

shame on them.

i went and played the original black and white to kill time for support to get my message. anything yet... "case resolved" WTF?! they just sent some SmartAnswer crap to me and told me that was it.

THANKS!!!!

what the freak can i do now?|||First off, take a deep breath and calm down. You are not the only one in this boat.

Second, you'll need to call and contact support directly. Here is the wiki link: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:...acting_Support|||ive gotten nothing from them. just a bunch of confusion. its all a big *** headache. i know im not the only one but this is crazy. why can you not get real help when you need it, not the NEXT day from ANOTHER website. sheesh. im starting to wonder if i should even continue to play GW at all.

p.s.

the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour.



*** from the wiki***

For the fastest possible service in issues that involve your game or NCsoft Master Account, consider providing as much information from this list as you can:

Your name

Your game account name(s)

Your address

Your telephone number

Your birth date

Your access keys (a scan of the key would be super helpful)

The last four digits of the credit card(s) that you used for NCsoft Store or Guild Wars In-Game Store purchases

The air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow. European please. (Ok, we really don't need that last bit. :D )

**********************************|||Keep in mind that ranting in forums will not help you get your account back. The least we can do is to comfort you.

The reason you get response from ANOTHER site is because NCSoft (the ANOTHER site) is responsible for customer support in games published by ANet. I agree with Kahlan that you will need to contact them through phone since you don't have your access keys. There has got to be another way for them to identify you as the real owner of the account. There will be people who are better at dealing with these kind of problems, so don't just give up when you get one person who isn't able to help you. You'll also need to be patient, since AFAIK online supports usually takes at least 1 business day for response; I've actually seen some that took nearly a week.

Lastly, don't freak out on them when you call them; no one wants to help out an unpleasant person. After all you were the one who threw out the envelopes with the access keys on them when it was specifically written on them not to throw the keys away (I checked my boxes so I'm 100% sure on this).|||I have to agree that you do need to take a breather for a moment. I can understand your frustration, but flying off the handle about it is far more likely to do far more harm than good.


Quote:






View Post

After all you were the one who threw out the envelopes with the access keys on them when it was specifically written on them not to throw the keys away (I checked my boxes so I'm 100% sure on this).




To be fair, that's a bit dependent on the box version the OP bought. All the GW boxes I got (All EU) came with plastic scratchcards on them, and neither those nor the paper leaflets they were attached to made any such suggestion at all. Luckily I kept all my cards, but it was more on an "Ooh, shiny!" basis than anything until I found out their requirements after being attached to an account. |||Quote:






View Post

To be fair, that's a bit dependent on the box version the OP bought. All the GW boxes I got (All EU) came with plastic scratchcards on them, and neither those nor the paper leaflets they were attached to made any such suggestion at all. Luckily I kept all my cards, but it was more on an "Ooh, shiny!" basis than anything until I found out their requirements after being attached to an account.




Hmm, didn't know about that. If OP got card instead of envelope that he initially said, then that might be the case. I just assumed when he said envelope, he meant envelope, not cards or CD jewel case cover insert*.

* My Prophecies key came on CD jewel case cover insert and it didn't have the warning. I vaguely recall about people complaining about the Prophecies keys not having the warning and so ANet added the warning on keys for Factions and onward.|||i got the game of the year with the black envelope.

im not trying to complain here. lol. just venting my frustration here because on the official sites nothing seems to happen. figured it was a shot in the dark. im assuming the help line is only during buisness hours, correct? probably too late to call them now. ill try when i get home....

and i didnt MEAN to throw it away. i have all the other paperwork. when i went to re-install it i figured it was written on something rather than being inside of an envelople....|||Quote:






View Post

the access key was obviously thrown away. who the hell puts keys on an envelope and not on any of the real packaging incase crap like this happens?




Actually most computer programs put their access keys on a piece of paper. By now most people should be accustomed to putting their CD keys in a safe location, but that's beside that point.

I do agree with others that calling them will be your safest bet. Try to stay calm and reason with them. I just went through almost the same thing as you, except I still had my CD keys. It still took about 2 weeks for me to get the account back though. They have various other ways of verifying your accounts information, so keep bugging them and asking questions.

Hope you get your account back



PS. If you want to call them, they seem to only be open for a few hours during the week, but I'm from Canada so it might be different times for you.|||Mon through Friday

Noon until 5:00 PM, Central time (-5 GMT|||Well, I may have sounded more harsh than I need be, and so I apologize for that part.

By the way, if you have made any purchase through either NCSoft online store or in-game store, they probably can backtrack using your credit card info. If not, you'll have to ask them if you can prove to them that you really are who you claim to be in some way other than access keys (like scans of identification such as driver's license).

No comments:

Post a Comment