Monday, April 16, 2012

Hero setup

I'm curious, what's the best general hero setup? Meaning, which heroes are mostly used for PVE, and what builds are most commonly used nowadays? I've checked though PVX, but those aren't quite as specific as they could or should be. I have all 3 and eye of the north. Which heroes should be gotten first, and from which campaign? What skill setup should each hero be as? Thanks for suggestions and advice.|||Discord, Sabway, Dual SF (triple if you are healer or imba)

really depends on the area, Discord and Sab work exceptionally ( ie: c space while drinking coffee and reading email) pretty much anywhere.|||Just pointing that Discord and Sabway are 3-necro hero teams. PvX has very detailed instructions on Discordway, and Sabway works almost identically. They have their uses in different places.

But I'll also ask a question; what are the good non-"necro machine" hero setups for other than imbagons? If I run a SoS bar and want to take some other hero team than Discord, what should I do? What about when playing a WotA/dagger spam Sin?|||Personally, my standard setup is MM, Mes, Ele/SoS. I'll switch out the MM for an Ele in areas that are low on corpses.|||Most of my characters did the campaigns with a WoH healer, RoJ smiter, and Jagged Bones MM. Worked fine. My very first character did both Prophecies (including the titan quests) and Factions with nothing more than Ogden, Vekk, and Gwen. That worked fine, too.

I suspect you're a fairly new player, if you don't yet have any heroes. I would recommend that you don't direct your play according to some plan of which heroes you need to get in which order, or direct your play in order to get certain skills needed to fill out PvX builds for you or them. Playing that way will have you hopping all over the campaigns, back and forth, looking for certain quests and trainers, grinding to level the heroes, etc.

It's a lot more fun to just take it easy and appreciate the stories as you do the campaigns. Assuming you started in Prophecies or Factions, then you can go get either the first three EotN heroes or the first few Nightfall heroes without spoiling anything when you get to LA/Kaineng, then come back and finish the campaign with them. If you started in Nightfall, then just go ahead and finish that before moving to the others.|||Quote:






View Post

But I'll also ask a question; what are the good non-"necro machine" hero setups for other than imbagons? If I run a SoS bar and want to take some other hero team than Discord, what should I do? What about when playing a WotA/dagger spam Sin?




For your sin, I highly recommend taking a channeling/smiting monk with AR, SW, SoH and Blessed Sig. Also consider taking 4 other melee and the two healer monks for absurd damage. I have a thread a couple down from this I think that has more specific builds, although I've since updated them. The general idea is pretty obvious though.

No comments:

Post a Comment