Monday, April 16, 2012

Weapon Modding

I recently decided to put together some decent weapons for my heroes. I am curious and was wanting some input as to what I should or should not use. Here is what I am looking at:

Scythe

snathe: zealous or vampiric

grip: enchanting or fortitude

inscription: ?

Spear

head: sundering|vampiric|zealous

grip: fortitude|enchanting

inscription: ?

Bow

grip: fortitude

string: sundering|vampiric|zealous

inscription: 15^50?

Sword

hilt: furious?

Pommel: fortitude?

inscription: luck of the draw|15^50



That's where I am at for the moment. I welcome any and all input. I looking for the best all around use scenario. I play pretty much PvM, PvE, rarely PvP. I am wondering what has worked best for you using these weapons. I am looking for a general consensus. I do appreciate any and all input. TYIA.



edit:

I do plan redoing skills based on their weapons and usages. I can always add new weapon sets to change skill sets up later. As I said, I am basically looking for an all around strong utility weapon build for these types.|||Whatever of Fortitude usually works fine. They don't even have to be perfect, since heroes don't care.|||You can't use a Luck of the Draw on a sword, FYI. That is a Shield/Focus inscription. The name of the 15^50 is Strength and Honor.|||Scythe

snathe: zealous generally, ebon if EDA build

grip: enchanting

inscription: strength & honor (15^50)

Spear

head: zealous if motivation, furious if command

grip: fortitude

inscription: strength & honor (15^50)

Bow

grip: fortitude

string: sundering generally, silencing if BHA build

inscription: strength & honor (15^50)

Sword

hilt: sundering

Pommel: fortitude

inscription: strength & honor (15^50)

Sundering usually gives you the most flexibility for tinkering with builds without worrying about tinkering with weapons.

Furious mods I find a bit questionable. For swords, I tried both a furious mod and a sundering mod with Koss whacking on Master of Damage. He could use skills a bit more often with the furious mod, but he got slightly better overall DPS with the sundering mod. I also use furious on spears for para heroes set up for command, but I haven't done comparison tests with sundering. (I rarely use my para heroes.)

Zealous mods really only work well if the hero has an IAS that is kept up much of the time, or skills that usually get lots of hits. Dervs are an exception, since scythes hit multiple targets even autoattacking. A Barrage build could be another exception. I also use zealous with paras set up for motivation builds, but I haven't tested it vs. sundering.

I hate giving heroes anything vampiric, since they can't weapon swap out of combat. Giving them vampiric mods just ends up placing more stress on your healer heroes. And, if you pug with a human healer, or with a guildie healer, they probably won't appreciate having to keep an eye on your hero red bars outside of combat.

It's hard to go wrong with fortitude mods. Dervs are again an exception, since they are so enchant heavy.|||TY all for your input, I appreciate it.|||I'd suggest exactly what BrettM said.|||One thing to add. Unless it's some rare skin weapon you intend to sell later on, customize it. That little bit of extra damage adds up.|||Quote:






View Post

One thing to add. Unless it's some rare skin weapon you intend to sell later on, customize it. That little bit of extra damage adds up.




Well, not sure how popular|rare destroyer weapons are anymore, but, that is what I am using.|||I think +15 while enchanted for inscripting scythes is a good alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment