Saturday, April 14, 2012

What to buy?

[:1]Hello,

I would like to start play Guild Wars but I dont know what I have to buy. I would like to have complete game.

So I found that If I buy

Guild Wars� Trilogy

Guild Wars: Eye of the North�

I will have every part of game but I am little bit confused about this:

Guild Wars� Bonus Mission Pack

https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/St...tem&item_id=64

Guild Wars� PvP Access Kit

https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/St...tem&item_id=62

What is it good for? It adds some content or not? What about unlock skill packs? Do I need them or they will be unlocked during game play?|||The Bonus Mission Pack is extra content you can play to understand some of the lore and stories of the Guild Wars Universe - it is not required to complete the game, it gives no edge over those who don't have it and is there just for extra fun.

I don't have it myself as I don't trust NCSoft with handling my financial data and they didn't offer another way to pay for it at launch.

I've been told it is a fun time waster but not worth the money by some friends.

The PvP (Player versus player) access kit if for people who only want to play against other players in head to head battles - Very popular past time in Guild Wars. People who buy that don't play through the storyline or fight against monsters and bad guys. People who do play PvE (Player versus environment) slowly pick up all the skills of the game from skill trainers in outposts and cities. PvP players get all of these skills at once - but can never visit any location outside of the PvP battle area.

I'd say you have made the right choice to understand the game. The Trilogy and Eye of the North will let you understand the mechanics of the game and pick up skills and how to use them over time. It will take you quite a while to complete all of the content you've got there already and so you won't be bored.

The great thing about the pack you have there is that if you ever fancy trying out PvP then you can do so whenever you want - the only limiting factor being that you may not have access to all the skills available.

Remember though that only 8 skills can be carried at any time and cannot be swapped for others whilst in battle (You need to be in an outpost to change them) so you could still have lots of fun in PvP as well as having access to all the locations, monsters and stories that the PvP only guys cannot get to.

I hope this helps and welcome to the forums!

-Art

PS: PvP only guys are pretty hardcore and it's not an experience I'd recommend to someone for a first go at Guild Wars. Once you get into the mechanics though there are plenty of folk who will help you hone your skills down and get you good. I'd say stick to PvE for the moment.|||You made the right choice with the Trilogy plus EotN. I started out with just Prophecies, since I didn't know if I'd like the game, but I hadn't played very long before I went and bought the rest.

The BMP can be worth while if you like lore. The missions are fun and some of the weapons you can obtain are great looking. But there is limited replay value in the missions, so some people don't find it worth the money. I think the missions are a little too challenging for a beginning player to really enjoy, and a beginner won't yet have met the characters featured in the BMP stories, so there is no need to add it right away. Wait and make your decision about this after you've played the regular game for a while and learned the main story.|||I'll bump this since I got a question about buying the game.

What's the best site to buy CD-Keys for this game ? (trilogy + EotN)

I got told to check offgamers.com and they got really good prices for them, but some people are saying I could get my key blacklisted from there. Is it true ? Anyone bought from them ?|||Quote:






View Post

I'll bump this since I got a question about buying the game.

What's the best site to buy CD-Keys for this game ? (trilogy + EotN)

I got told to check offgamers.com and they got really good prices for them, but some people are saying I could get my key blacklisted from there. Is it true ? Anyone bought from them ?




I would imagine that the best site to buy CD-Keys for this game would be the manufacturer's/publisher's website.

For instance: http://www.guildwars.com/products/guildwars/default.php

$19.99 digital copy.|||Quote:






View Post

I would imagine that the best site to buy CD-Keys for this game would be the manufacturer's/publisher's website.

For instance: http://www.guildwars.com/products/guildwars/default.php

$19.99 digital copy.




Yeah, I wouldn't trust outside places, unless they are a well known store, like GameStop or something. For all you know some of these websites that sell keys could very well be selling you keys that are already in use or something.

Stick with this...NCsoft store

You could probably even just download the client from www.guildwars.com, and then buy the stuff through the in-game store. I don't think you need a key to do it that way.|||The other option would be to buy unopened boxes from trustable sites (like amazon and newegg). I heard keys can be bought from ANet through Steam as well, though I never tried it myself.

I wouldn't buy from that store, because it sells in-game currency and used accounts, albeit for other games. I agree that they have a good chance of selling unusable keys.|||Quote:






View Post

I heard keys can be bought from ANet through Steam as well, though I never tried it myself.




If you do that, then I think the game is launched through Steam though, isn't it? Anybody who currently has GW through Steam (not added to steam later on, actually got it through steam) can confirm this.|||I've been looking around for Eye of the north at a good deal anywhere (I got copies way back when for 15 bucks from gamestop)

Lately only the trilogy can be found, if even that.

I gotta wonder how reputable some of the ebay/amazon sellers are in regards to legit boxes and keys.|||I would avoid the official store if at all possible. Actual, physical stores sell GW for MUCH cheaper than the official online store.

If reaching somewhere that sells it isn't possible, I'd check out the big name game store websites first.

No comments:

Post a Comment