Monday, April 16, 2012

Returning build suggestion

Ok so I posted 2 different builds (Ranger/Monk and Warrior/Ranger (Beast)). 1 was ok and the other not so much. So I thought I would just go from scratch and see if there are any thoughts.

Guidelines:

1. I only have Prophecies now and will get Nightfall in a couple weeks.

2. Not concerned with Primary/Secondary suggestion (Not favoring a certain class as I am starting fresh), I will adapt and still have fun.

3. I would like to solo..and soon duo (with friend) to end game, so using henchies then switching/adding hero's is expected.

I have spent a couple hours on PvX but finding a good or better build with only Prophecies has not been easy.

So I thought I would ask and see if there are any people out there that have suggestions as to what they used while they were coming up.

Thanks for you time

Oh noes its over 4 sentences long tl;dr

( I know, I know...what can you do.)|||Ok looked around some more and these look good. Just not sure which...lol

OQIUEHKXTcGDvr+FwDe2Bw3A (Warrior/Ranger)

or

OgEUQ3aeJsGD/4+Fwz+tBw3A (Ranger/Warrior)

Also anyone know how to search PvX by Template code?

Thanks again|||At this point you don't really have many choices. If you have Prophecies only and haven't finished the game, you should a) just enjoy it and take your time, learn to use new skills as you find them and b) pretty much have no other options. You can go the PvP skill unlock/tome route, but it's more trouble than it's worth, especially if you have no skills to PvP with.

For low level play with sub par heroes, fire eles and Death Magic necros are probably the easiest.|||Fair enough..it was looking pretty limited...Thanks Fluffball.|||Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of skill choices and combos for low-level Tyria, and you can get away with almost all of them since you'll be higher level than the enemies a lot of the time. But trying to put together an end-game build is going to be pretty much impossible.|||Just trying to get some direction more then anything...a path so to speak. Although I am aware that trial and error is the most important thing in finding your own play style. As with most I am just trying to focus on the better options. As I played my old toon I did notice that the Healer Hench does not run headlong into the enemy anymore...and that frees up a few builds that I would not considering before.|||The reason why the healer hench no longer runs into the middle of foes now is because they removed the touch heal skill. So if you have a pet that's right up there in the middle of it, the hench would have, before, run up and healed the pet. This is something to consider when you get heros.

On that note, you should be doing prep work for before you get nightfall.

One key thing is to unlock skills that the heros will need. This means changing professions and buying the skills. Keep an eye on the skills you get from quests in proph, and don't buy those if they're available. But do note that with many of those skills, you have to be that profession when you get the quest reward.



Key skill sets you'll want to unlock right away will be the monk and possibly ele classes. When you get nightfall, you'll get the heros right away, including the choice between the ranger or the ele class. Having various skills unlocked will help you fill out the hero's builds right from the get go. This includes skillcapping.

Desert and areas around droknars will have a good number of skills to get a hold of.

If you can make your way to the fire islands, perdition rock has THE highest concentration of skills to cap then any other zone in the game.

Also if you make it up that far, the skill trainer has skills that are pretty much considered end game stuff that is hard to get anywhere else.

You'll also have that same issue when you do Nightfall, many good skills are only available at the end of the game. Or you can use balth faction to unlock them.|||Hey Noa,

Just so I understand you. If I want my Monk Hero to have access to a certain skill I will need to have monk (Prim or Sec) as a profession and unlock them. Then switch to say Ele (as your example) and do the same for my Ele hero?|||Technically, all you need to do is unlock a skill and your heroes on that account will have access to it. If you want to just switch secondaries to unlock skills that can work too, but I recommend you start other characters to unlock, since you get the benefit of quest rewards that unlock skills.|||Ah, So once anyone on my account unlocks a skill then it is unlocked for heroes (that can use it) no matter which character I use? If so that would motivate me to make some sort of combination of all the professions.

LOVE the name btw Rabid.

No comments:

Post a Comment