Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pronounciation of "Keiran"

[:1]How do you pronounce "Keiran?" Kay-ran? Kier-ran?

I might need the information for my Wintersday contest entry.|||I've been saying Keer-ran, although now that I look at it, I think keye-ran would be closer. Sort of like the country Iran, with a K in front.|||I pronounce it like "Keira" with an "n" at the end.

-T|||Okay.

How do you pronounce Keira?|||There was a kid at school called Keiran (he was a little ****, btw).

It's Kee-ran/Key-ran.|||Awesome sauce; really helpful. I'll go with "Kee-ran" if I end up using Keiran anywhere. Thanks everyone.|||Hmm that's not how I pronounce it. Personally I've only ever heard that name pronounced more K-ear-ran (bit like Kia the car manufacturer). Mind you for the character in GW, I'd think ****** or pillock would suffice.|||Kee(a)ran



Like the "a" is hardly there, more like a slight change of pitch at the end of the "ee". Stress on the first syllable.

That is how I pronounce it at least.|||That's pretty much bang on, Lensor, speaking as someone who's come across a couple of Keirans in real life in the past.

[EDIT] If anyone's still struggling to pronounce it, you could look at how the press pronounce Keira Knightly's name, what with "Keira" being a feminine version of "Keiran", their similarities in pronunciation and her being the best-known example of someone with the name.|||I'm not sure how to pronounce it, but I usually pronounce "Keiran" as:

D�d wɪθ eɪ goʊˈti / Dude with a goatee

No comments:

Post a Comment