Monday, April 16, 2012

Lair of Snowy Titles

I decided to progress my chest&ID titles, as they aren't even half-way done atm. Being the title whore I am, I thought using Lair of the Snowmen, to progress the id & chest & luck & -luck & party & booze & deldrimor titles pretty much at the same time, should be a good idea.

So far I am using 3 Searing Flames Heroes fill up on henchies and average in at ~15 min per HM-lap. I use a warrior as my char (since he's at deldrimor tier 9).

Suggestions on faster methods or better places would be highly welcome.|||I'm pretty sure snowmen aren't actually "ice" and fire doesn't get a bonus against them. SF is still a reasonable team, but in HM you'd probably be better off running armor ignoring damage. Minion bombers rock here; there are a LOT of corpses obviously.

The generic sabway sounds like it would be perfect for you. Minion bomber for tons of armor ignoring explosions, MoP for your warrior (and SS even badly aimed will hit quite a few) and SW on you from the healer.

Nick in pre-searing is a better bet if you really want to advance the consumable titles though.|||Here's two advice...

If you plan to make MotN, do this first. You'll gain plenty of deldrimor points in the process. Maxing deldrimor now and then doing MotN will result is spending too much time in the Snowmen lair.

There are better places to get TH. The fastest place is running outside the starter EotN area (Boreal something?)... consider that as TH is *very* long and boring to get. Of course, you're better off doing other titles and carry lockpicks at all times until you only have that left.

Snowmen lair averages 3 min per chest. Boreal averages 1 min per chest if you run to just before the shrine.|||I farm my chests in Dwarven Boxing. It is nifty with the speed boost Kilroy gives.|||Dwarven is slightly slower than Boreal, maybe like 10% slower. In boreal, I use 2 paragon + 1 warrior heroes with charge and fallback. You can bring dash too if you want to micro it, but even without dash it's still faster than Dwarven.

The title clocks 220 hours of running chests, so even 10% is a big deal.|||Quote:






View Post

Dwarven is slightly slower than Boreal, maybe like 10% slower. In boreal, I use 2 paragon + 1 warrior heroes with charge and fallback. You can bring dash too if you want to micro it, but even without dash it's still faster than Dwarven.

The title clocks 220 hours of running chests, so even 10% is a big deal.




Forgot about Paragon speed boosts *changes chest run plans*.|||33% speed boost 100% of the time, with no microing. Hell yeah!|||Hell Yeah .... maybe not so really.

/Yawn Yeah seems more like it, even it is good advice. Well, it s the nature of the topic.

Letting it run on the side, kind of doesnt't work as the warrior is "just" the 2nd amongst my prime chars of choice and happens also to basically having done nigh all too. I don't think that I'm going to do that on a third and fourth, again.

Did a couple of runs out side of boreal station on my sin and tbh if I let heroes handle the speed boost, I'm going to need a keyboard made out of pillow material. I still keep it in mind as a side thing for bad movies.

Btw, I didnt choose SF Eles for (assumed) fire bonuses. It's just a simple method for a constant stream of AoE Damage. You know: "It's so simple, a hero could do it."

edit@

and thanks for the advice|||I've used the paragon hero team for carto, where hell yeah is more appropriate.

TH is inherently yawn, for me it was a question of making it shorter. Snowy lair will be more fun, more loot, but considerably more time. It's your choice. Also, if you always carry picks and open all chests, you can progress while doing everything else you want... on any character too.

The no micro works really well for doing runs while doing something else... movies, books, etc... If you do chest runs full time, you might as well micro it with a R/A or A/R.|||I prefer Froni's Lair because it is an no brainer and I can watch Legend of the Seeker on the other half of the screen right now. The chests outside Boreal Station don't drop armour parts (unlike Froni's chests), so you won't get runes & insignias from those (which are easier to sell to a merchant than upgrades for weapons)

No comments:

Post a Comment