Friday, April 13, 2012

Adding Eternal Conqueror of the Domain of Anguish to HoM?

[:1]Does one need to take the reward (gemstones/xp/...) for Mallyx the Unyielding (quest) to be able to HoM it?

I was thinking of keeping the quest since Mally is fun, but the Foundry isn't, but i can't add it yet. I am guessing the fact that i didn't pick up the reward is trashing my wonderful plan?|||Yeah; the statue is for the quest, not the boss.|||I always found fighting groups a lot more fun than a single absurd boss than you defeat using gimmicks. I'm not saying that in a "your opinion sucks" kind of way, I just mean big bosses that cheat game mechanics are... cheating, and we cheat to beat them, like stacking SV, SS, Empathy, and PI on Shiro. The Great Destroyer is The Great Joke when your bar is empty but for PI.|||Mallyx isn't really tough and doesn't require "breaking" of game mechanics...The only "tough" part is getting rid of the waves of mobs before him.|||Quote:






View Post

Yeah; the statue is for the quest, not the boss.




Thank you for a clear and to the point answer. :)|||sooo... how DOES one deal with mallyx? Never really gotten that far, and from what I can see from the wiki page, by all rights, mallyx should be unbeatable.|||Quote:






View Post

I always found fighting groups a lot more fun than a single absurd boss than you defeat using gimmicks. I'm not saying that in a "your opinion sucks" kind of way, I just mean big bosses that cheat game mechanics are... cheating, and we cheat to beat them, like stacking SV, SS, Empathy, and PI on Shiro. The Great Destroyer is The Great Joke when your bar is empty but for PI.




Meh, DoA is fairly fun, but the Foundry, with it's tiny rooms, is a pain. The reason why I prefer PvE so much over PvP (or why FA and AB are the most fun PvP options) are the big spaces. I need to be able to move around, enjoy the sights.

Foundry is nothing like that.

*shudders*

I know I should also hate Mally because of that same reason - but he's a giant purple glowing monkey! How can you NOT love that!?


Quote:






View Post

sooo... how DOES one deal with mallyx? Never really gotten that far, and from what I can see from the wiki page, by all rights, mallyx should be unbeatable.




Spirits (SoS, ST offensive Communing spirits, ST defensive Communing Spirits), Soul Reaping Restoration, mesmer signets, Wastrel's Worry, Gaze of Fury to trash his spirits.

That worked nicely - for Mally and the waves before him.

Basically - if you can manage to get though the Foundry, Mally should be easy.


Quote:






View Post

Yeah; the statue is for the quest, not the boss.




Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment