Friday, April 13, 2012

Looking for new game

[:1]Hi all. I'm looking for a new MMO after becoming completely bored with WoW (played since inception) and the endless grind. I'm wondering if GW will spark that old enthusiasm or if it would also become an unpaid job Also, is GW playable using Boot Camp on a Mac? I know a Mac.......sigh. Thanks for the help!|||As far as I know, everything will run on bootcamp on a mac... Since it's just plain old Windows.

Anyway, if you want a similar experience to WOW, try the free Runes of Magic. If you want something new, join us in this wonderful world.

Prophecies is first, then factions, nightfall and the only non-standalone game is Eye of the north.

GW != grind in the beginning, so that would be good. If you want every title, you'll have to grind quite a bit, but if you're just wanting to play the game, GW is definatly not grinding.|||Sweet! Thanks for the info. I really do want something different from WoW. I don't mind an initial grind if it's new content and playstyle, I just don't want it to go on forever and ever. I'm looking to have some fun again.|||Put it this way... GW is as grind-free as you can get in the MMORPG world (though it's not technically a MMORPG). And the gameplay is lots of fun.

The grind comes *after* you're done with the storyline and the major tasks in the game, in the form of replay value. You won't feel the grind *during* the game.|||Thanks Alaris, I'm going to give it a try |||My standard response for these "looking to try GW" threads is to look for a bundle. You can buy several or all of the games for the same price as a single game in many cases, but DON'T buy used games. There is no actual 'product', just a key number. If someone used it before you, you're out of luck.|||Sounds like a good plan Fluffball, thanks for the info :)|||Very little before the meta game is grind and, and all is available for free if you buy the campaigns.

I wish you luck.

There is really no pay to play unless you want shortcuts to skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment